Liquitex Matte Gel 473ml
- Texture: Thick
- Sheen: Matte
- Relative Opacity: Translucent
- Dries translucent with a satin/matte finish.
- Viscosity and body similar to Liquitex Heavy Body Artist Color.
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium has greater adhesion than Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium and Liquitex Gloss Heavy Gel Medium.
- Translucent when wet, transparent when dry. Thicker applications result in less transparent dry medium films.
- Mix with Liquitex Heavy Body Artist Color to obtain paint similar in color depth to oil paint.
- Color mix will dry to a satin sheen.
Application as an Extender:
- Mix with Liquitex Heavy Body Artist Color to extend volume and increase translucency, while maintaining paint viscosity.
- Mix with Liquitex Soft Body Artist Color to extend volume and increase translucency, while increasing paint viscosity.
Application as a Ground:
- Recommended as a translucent ground (size), for acrylic paint with excellent tooth and adhesion, as an alternative to gesso. Will allow some color and texture of the support to show through. Use as a substitute size for the hide glue size traditionally used for oil paintings.
- To prevent Substrate Induced Discoloration (SID), wash cotton or linen canvas before use.
- Exterior Murals: If the support or wall is very rough, a coat of Liquitex Matte Gel Medium should be brushed or toweled onto the surface prior to gesso application.
Application for Impasto Effects:
- Mix with Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic Color for impasto effects that dry to a matte sheen.
Applications in Collage:
- Makes and excellent glue for collage and decoupage.
Applications with Powdered Pigments:
- Use as the binder for powdered pigments to make an inexpensive “student grade” Heavy Body (thick) matte acrylic paint. Pigment must be compatible with acrylic emulsion.
|Dimensions||5 x 5 x 15 cm|
237ml, 473ml, 946ml